Luxembourg, February 9 (ANI/ Seraphim): SUSE®, a global leader in innovative, open and secure enterprise-grade solutions, today announced SUSE Adaptive Telco Infrastructure Platform (ATIP), a telco-optimized edge computing platform that enables telecom companies to accelerate and future-proof modernization of their networks. It achieves this with an open and flexible infrastructure that adapts easily to future needs, is optimized for telco-grade performance, and simplifies operations at scale.
Unlike current solutions in today's market, ATIP is built for the telco edge from the ground up. ATIP enables faster rollouts with a highly scalable and programable management solution for telco-grade infrastructure. As the largest European player in the international open-source infrastructure software market, SUSE has developed this platform in close collaboration with the leading European telco operators such as Deutsche Telekom, Orange, Telecom Italia, Telefonica, and others.
"The future of the telecom infrastructure is fast moving and often difficult to predict," said Keith Basil, SUSE Edge General Manager. "Telecom operators are looking for flexible solutions to modernize their existing networks, help rollout 5G networks quickly and adopt open frameworks, such as Open RAN while navigating disaggregation of their networks. ATIP has a flexible and adaptable infrastructure that future-proofs next-generation networks to support novel applications and use cases expected to arise from 5G, Multi-Access Edge Computing and general Edge computing. With ATIP, our telecom customers will thrive in a highly competitive environment."
SUSE ATIP is a telco-optimized edge computing platform that packages the key infrastructure components - Linux, Kubernetes, security, management tools - in a customizable form, so Telco operators can easily adopt it for broad range of use cases across mobile and fixed networks. Further, the operators can minimize risk by using their existing infrastructure given ATIP's support of a wide range of hardware. ATIP's modularity and flexibility is explicitly designed to support and enable future looking cloud frameworks, such as LF Europe's project Sylva.
SUSE ATIP delivers telco-grade performance attributes across the entire stack. Its Operating System layer provides low-latency, real-time performance and fast data path. The Kubernetes layer ensures performance-sensitive applications run optimally, with full lifecycle container security delivered by SUSE NeuVector. Additional functional attributes include:
- Built for Edge from the ground up, so customers can get optimal performance without the burden of legacy systems. SUSE ATIP delivers lightweight Kubernetes distributions fit for resource constrained or remote devices in strictly regulated environments. Immutable Linux is optimized to support containers and microservices, making it an ideal container and virtualization host at the edge. With security seamlessly integrated across the full stack - from applications to Kubernetes to operating systems, datacenter level of security is made available to every device, wherever it is located.
- Optimized for Telco: SUSE's Kubernetes and Linux are optimized for Telco functions - workloads can be scheduled based on underlying hardware functionality, direct access is allowed to network interfaces from Kubernetes Pods, a broad range of hardware enablement is made available, and telecom specific protocols are supported.
- Modular. Designed to thrive in a multi-vendor environment, ATIP includes modules which can be used together or individually to suit operators' requirements.
Simplified Operations at Scale
SUSE ATIP utilizes Rancher Prime, a market leading Kubernetes management solution that is known for its simplicity, robustness, and outstanding user experience. SUSE has made key enhancements to Rancher Prime to support telecom use cases, with the following benefits:
- Faster rollouts. ATIP utilizes GitOps to help users manage and consistently deploy thousands of Kubernetes clusters easily. With integration of CNCF's Cluster API, operators can further speed the process with programmatic APIs that also offer a vendor-neutral integration point.
- Unified management. Manage Linux and Kubernetes from a single pane of glass. Save operating costs and administration overhead, while increasing the efficiency of lifecycle operations at scale.
- Zero-touch provisioning. Save costs with simple zero touch onboarding of enterprise-grade edge hardware, eliminating the need for skilled technical staff onsite - connect power, network, and switch on device: software does the rest.
We have had a longstanding partnership with SUSE, which has been a good experience. By using SLE Micro, SUSE Manager and Rancher, we can fully automate deployments for upgrading our Edge cloud system. - Danny Al-Gaaf, Senior Cloud Technologist, Deutsche Telekom
For more information about SUSE's Telecom solutions and Edge innovations, visit . If attending Mobile World Congress Barcelona 2023, stop by Intel and Juniper booths to check out SUSE Edge demos.
SUSE is a global leader in innovative, reliable and secure enterprise-grade open source solutions, relied upon by more than 60 per cent of the Fortune 500 to power their mission-critical workloads. We specialize in Business-critical Linux, Enterprise Container Management and Edge solutions, and collaborate with partners and communities to empower our customers to innovate everywhere - from the data center, to the cloud, to the edge and beyond.
SUSE puts the "open" back in open source, giving customers the agility to tackle innovation challenges today and the freedom to evolve their strategy and solutions tomorrow. The company employs more than 2,000 people globally. SUSE is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for the company, including statements containing the words "aims," "targets," "will," "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," and similar expressions, may constitute forward-looking statements and should be read with caution. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including competitive landscape, development of customer deals, reliance upon customer relationships, management of growth and acquisitions, the possibility of undetected software issues, the risks of impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic and economic downturns, pricing pressures and the viability of the Internet. In addition, any forward-looking statements included herein represent views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. The Company does not have any obligation to update its forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are subject to change and should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date other than the date of this press release.
This story is provided by Seraphim communications on behalf of SUSE. ANI will not be responsible in any way for the content of this article. (ANI/Seraphim)