China arrests hundreds at Apple factory after rampage over 'sweatshop' working conditionsJun 8, 1:00 pm
Beijing, June 8 (ANI): Nearly 100 workers at a southwestern China plant of Foxconn, tech giant Apple's main manufacturer, have been arrested after they went on a rampage over poor working conditions at the factory.According to the Taiwan-based news website Want China Times, an estimated 1,000 employees at the Foxconn plant in Chengdu, clashed with security guards who had attempted to prevent a man stealing on Monday night.Workers reportedly threw bins, chairs and even fireworks at security officers from the upper floors of the building after the riot broke out in a dormitory at the plant, The Daily Mail reports.Two guards had called out to stop a thief, but staff took the opportunity to air their grudges at working conditions, The Daily Mail reports.he clash ended after two hours when hundreds of police officers were called to the scene and dozens were arrested.The riot is the latest high-profile incident to affect Foxconn, which employs up to 120,000 people at its Chengdu plant, and over one million in total. Foxconn makes many of the world's most popular gadgets, including Apple's iPhone and iPad, the Amazon Kindle and the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 video game consoles.The manufacturer has previously come under fire for forcing staff to work long hours and in unsafe conditions for low pay. (ANI)
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
New book about Steve Jobs suggests Apple cofounder's disdain for TVs Mar 14, 3:38 pm
Washington, March 14 (ANI): The latest book about Steve Jobs "Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader" that is soon to be released, has excerpts in it that suggest the late Apple cofounder's disdain for Televisions.Full Story »
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
- Outrageous 'excuses' that cheeky work-dodgers use to pull a sickie
TOP VIDEO STORIES