'CEO' now less sought after title than 'entrepreneur'May 30, 2:50 pm
Washington, May 30 (ANI): It seems that people no more aspire to be corporate executives.Of the 1,075 people responding to Intelligent Office's Work IQ survey, not a single one expressed any desire of spending his or her career as an office leader. Nearly 65 percent said that they preferred to be an entrepreneur or independent worker instead.Tom Camplese, chief operating officer of Intelligent Office, said that the study points to an evolution driven by the desire for mobility and flexibility ."We believe there is a paradigm shift happening in our culture as it relates to work style," Live Science quoted Camplese as saying.People are no longer looking for a traditional workday. More than 60 percent of those surveyed wanted more-flexible work hours than the customary 9 to 5.Additionally, the research found that people overwhelmingly aspire to have more mobility in their daily life rather than be tied to working eight hours in an office.More than 65 percent are looking for a job where they have a laptop computer or tablet that affords them the freedom to work anywhere they choose.The survey participants were asked about four different work styles: corporate executive, professional, entrepreneur and independent. (ANI)
Tim Cook 'disappointed' by new Indiana law that could allow companies to discriminate against gays Mar 28, 10:15 am
London, March 28 (ANI): Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he is "deeply disappointed" by the new law passed in the US state of Indiana which could allow companies to discriminate against gay and lesbian customers.Full Story »
Narcissistic leaders like Steve Jobs are more successful, says study Mar 25, 11:08 am
Washington, March 25 (ANI): If you are bit vain in nature, you may just posses one of the qualities that most celebrated leaders in the business world have, as a new study has said claimed that narcissistic leaders happen to be the most successful ones.Full Story »
Job loss could lead to decade of distrust Mar 22, 10:30 am
Washington, Mar 22 (ANI): A new study has explored that losing one's job scars trust to such an extent that even finding new work may not reverse it.Full Story »
How your email address can affect your chances of getting hired Mar 19, 11:28 am
Washington, Mar 19 (ANI): A new study has shed light on email addresses demonstrating that an applicant's email address can greatly impact first impressions and affect one's chances of getting hired.Full Story »
- Apple CEO Tim Cook was 'yelled at' for offering liver to Steve Jobs
- Work schedules based on biological clocks may cure 'social jetlag'
- Work-family clashes make employees verbally abusive towards workers, loved ones
- Receiving after-hours email, text angers employees
- Lifestyle intervention program at workplace helps improve employee's health
- Zuckerberg says looks for 'boss' he would want to work for before hiring new employees
- Your voice may actually help you land the job as it reveals 'intelligence'
- How being unemployed can change your basic personality
- Workplace bullying can become vicious cycle for anxious victims
- Do treadmill desks actually help obese office workers?
TOP VIDEO STORIES