Wozniacki calls for making annoying grunting on court historyOct 26, 11:37 am
Istanbul, Oct 26(ANI): Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki has risked the wrath of her fellow players by effectively accusing some of them of grunting too loudly on purpose. Maria Sharapova of Russia and Victoria Azarenka of Belarus have clocked up wails of around 100 decibels.Speaking at the season-ending WTA Championships in Istanbul, Wozniacki said: "There are some players who do it on purpose. They don't do it in practice and then they come into the match and they grunt. They could definitely cut it."If you grunt really loudly, your opponent cannot hear how you hit it. You think the ball is coming fast and suddenly it comes slowly," she added. The 21-year-old further made it clear that the serial offenders had an unfair advantage over the rest. "If you grunt really loudly your opponent cannot hear how you hit the ball," the Sun quoted Wozniacki, as saying."Because the grunt is so loud, you think the ball is coming fast and suddenly the ball just goes slowly. In tight moments, maybe the grunt helps them with getting less nervous," she added. (ANI)
McIlroy sets target on 'Green Jacket' after trophy-laden 2014 season Nov 24, 5:55 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy is eyeing the 'Green Jacket' in 2015 after he picked up the European money list trophy for the second time in three seasons on Sunday.Full Story »
Merc chief Wolff says Rosberg will 'bounce back' stronger in next year's F1 season Nov 24, 4:59 pm
Wellington, Nov 24 (ANI): Mercedes Benz team chief Toto Wolff has predicted that their racer Nico Rosberg would bounce back stronger next year from his Abu Dhabi defeat by teammate Lewis Hamilton in Sunday's Formula One title showdown.Full Story »
'Unselectable' Finn claims last year's Ashes drubbing spurred him to become 'selectable' again Nov 24, 4:58 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England paceman Steven Finn has revealed that the 'unselectable' tag he earned during last winter's Ashes drubbing has spurred him on and motivated him to become selectable again.Full Story »
Ramprakash tells 'underdogs' England batsmen to 'release shackles' ahead of WC Nov 24, 4:40 pm
London, Nov 24 (ANI): England cricket team batting coach Mark Ramprakash has told the batsmen to release the shackles and play as underdogs to help produce a mentality of no-fear in the World Cup.Full Story »
- Only person who can save Gazza from booze is Gazza!
- Norwegian ace Carlsen beats Indian grandmaster Anand to retain World Chess Championship title
- Haddin brands Suburbs' declaring innings at 0-17 to help Clarke bat on day 2 as 'match fixing'
- Clarke, Watson cut down asking price of luxurious Sutherland Shire homes
- Alonso admits was difficult to cope with emotions of final race for Ferrari at Abu Dhabi
- Button says his late father John would be furious over Briton's 'uncertain future' in F1
- Pacquiao targets boxing showdown with Mayweather post retaining welterweight title
- 'Banned' Pak ace offspinner Ajmal eyeing WC return
- Fighter Tony Bellew to star in Rocky spin-off 'Creed'
- Clarke named in Oz squad for first Test against India
TOP VIDEO STORIES