Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood candidate promises to form 'broad coalition' governmentMay 30, 5:38 pm
Cairo, May 30 (ANI): Mohammed Mursi, the Muslim Brotherhood's candidate for presidential polls in Egypt, has said that he would include a wide range of political force in the government.During a news conference, Mursi also promised to provide representation to women and children, and said the era of a 'Superman' as president was over, the BBC reports.The Freedom and Justice Party head said the presidency would no longer be about one person; it would be an institution.Mursi said that Egypt's Coptic Christians would have their full rights and women would not be forced to wear the Islamic headscarf."Our Christian brothers, they are partners in the nation. They will have full rights that are equal to those enjoyed by Muslims," Mursi said."Women have a right to freely choose the attire that suits them," he added.Mursi also promised to form a ' broad coalition' government, and said he would not necessarily choose a prime minister who was also a member of the Muslim Brotherhood or its Freedom and Justice Party, which has the most seats in parliament."I stress to all people that the presidency... will never be individual," he said. "Rather, the presidency will be an institution.""The Superman era is over," he added.Mursi also promised that the new constitution would be written by a panel that truly represented the diversity of Egyptian society. (ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES