Washington awaiting formal talks with Pakistan: US EmbassyApr 25, 1:24 pm
Islamabad, Apr 25 (ANI): The U.S. Embassy has said that the country is ready to discuss parliamentary recommendations with Pakistan, and is just waiting for a schedule for formal talks. U.S. Embassy spokesman Mark Stroh told The Nation that the U.S. and Pakistan are ready for talks. He, however, refused to comment on reports stating U.S. Special Envoy Marc Grossman's visit to Pakistan on April 25 to hold talks with Pakistan.Grossman's visit to Pakistan was due a few months ago, but Pakistan stopped him so that the parliamentary process could be completed first. A trilateral meet between Pakistan, Afghanistan and the U.S. will be held on April 27. The Parliament had demanded that the U.S. seek an apology for the Salala incident that had caused the suspension of NATO supplies. The Pakistan Government handed the issue over to parliament, asking it to review ties with Washington. Both the U.S. and Pakistan realise that there is a need to improve understanding and narrow the trust deficit on regional issues and other policies. (ANI)
Indo-US nuclear deal detrimental to deterrence stability in South Asia: Pakistan Jan 27, 10:52 pm
Islamabad, Jan. 27 (ANI): Pakistan on Tuesday said the operationalization of the Indo-US nuclear deal for political and economic expediencies would have a detrimental impact on deterrence stability in South Asia.Full Story »
Nato slams Putin's remarks on 'foreign legion' in Ukraine Jan 27, 6:21 pm
London, Jan 27 (ANI): Nato Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has rebuffed Russian President Vladimir Putin's claim that the Ukrainian army operates as a "foreign legion" for the alliance, calling it "nonsense".Full Story »
Ex-diplomat Placido D'Souza mourns loss of cartoonist R.K. Laxman Jan 27, 5:18 pm
San Francisco (US), Jan.27(ANI): Former diplomat and artist Placido D'Souza has expressed his sorrow over the passing away of well known cartoonist R.K. Laxman, whom he described as a good friend and a man who had helped him in many ways.Full Story »
Obama leading high-powered delegation to Saudi Arabia Jan 27, 4:44 pm
New Delhi/Washington, Jan.27 (ANI): U.S. President Barack Obama will be leading a high profile bipartisan delegation to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences for the recent death of King Abdullah and pay respects to his successor King Salman.Full Story »
- 10 killed as F-16 fighter jet crashes into other planes during Nato exercise
- Newly mom Chelsea Clinton opens up about 'motherhood'
- President Obama following wrong David Cameron on Twitter!
- US assures Pak TTP Chief Mullah Fazlullah will be arrested, killed in Afghanistan
- Now, Mumbai mastermind Hafiz Saeed opens free ambulance service in futile bid to win legitimacy
- UN-ESCAP is working for Afghanistan`s growth and sustenance
- Man behind White House drone crash incident claims was a 'recreational accident'
- Villa where Dodi wooed Princess Diana sold for 70M pounds
- Malaysian Airlines' official website hacked by ' Lizard Squad Cyber Caliphate' group
- FBI busts Russian spy ring trying to gather intelligence on US sanctions against Russia
TOP VIDEO STORIES