Secret Service sacks two more agents for alleged involvement in Colombian scandal

   Apr 25, 11:40 am

Washington, April 25 (ANI): The Secret Service has announced that two more agents have been sacked for their alleged involvement in the Colombian sex scandal. The Secret Service also said that the process has begun for a third employee to leave, ABC News reports. Six Secret Service employees, including two supervisors, have already been sacked after investigation into their alleged involvement in the sex scandal before President Obama's arrival in Cartagena. "The Secret Service is committed to conducting a full, thorough and fair investigation in this matter, and will not hesitate to take appropriate action should any additional information come to light," said Secret Service Assistant Director Paul Morrissey.epublicans, however, have tried to accuse Obama of the scandal, by saying that he oversees government operations. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has said that Secret Service Director Mark Sullivan did not offer to resign while briefing Obama on the scandal. The Secret Service had said 12 employees were being investigated, and the military said another 12 of its service members were being looked at, too. "At this point, all 12 have either been cleared of serious misconduct, resigned, retired, been notified of personnel actions to permanently revoke their security clearances, or have been proposed for permanent removal for cause," Morrissey said. The Defense Department has confirmed that the latest military member to be investigated in the scandal works for the White House Communications Agency, a military group that gives information to the president and his staff members. (ANI)

50 Years of Chinese rule has pushed Tibet into ecological disaster Aug 29, 8:00 am
Hong Kong, Aug.29 (ANI): The establishment of the People's Republic of China in 1949 led to efforts to greatly expand agricultural production in China.
Full Story
Pak summons Indian High Commission, lodges protest over ceasefire violations Aug 28, 11:00 pm
Islamabad, Aug. 28 (ANI): Pakistan summoned Indian High Commissioner TCA Raghavan on Friday and lodged a strong protest over alleged ceasefire violations and said that six civilians had been killed by the Indian troops in the firing.
Full Story
Australian students to flock to India in 2016 under New Colombo Plan Aug 28, 6:28 pm
New Delhi/Perth, Aug.28 (ANI): Australian students will flock to India in 2016 under the New Colombo Plan said the country's Foreign Minister ulie Bishop and Minister for Education and Training Christopher Pyne.
Full Story
In 2012, sanction-hit Iran had money to buy luxury goods but none for medicines Aug 28, 4:40 pm
London, Aug 28 (ANI): When the United States and the European Union imposed financial and energy sanctions on Iran, in 2012, that nation had no money to buy medicines but spent dollars purchasing luxury goods.
Full Story
Comments

LATEST STORIES
TOP VIDEO STORIES
PHOTO GALLERY