Pakistan air crash: Manmohan Singh sends condolence message to GilaniApr 21, 11:00 am
New Delhi, Apr 21 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, has sent a message to his Pakistani counterpart Yusuf Raza Gilani, condoling the loss of lives in the air tragedy near Islamabad on Friday evening.In his message, Dr. Singh said: "I was deeply grieved to learn of the air tragedy near Islamabad that occurred earlier this evening leading to the loss of so many precious lives."" I convey my deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives in this unfortunate incident. I pray that the Almighty will grant them the strength to bear their loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Pakistan in this time of grief," he added.All the 127 people on board a Pakistani airliner were killed in the plane crash in a residential area near the Chaklala airbase next to the Islamabad international airport. The Bhoja Air jet, flight BHO-213, was going from Karachi to Islamabad. No casualties were however reported from the ground but four villagers in Hussan Abad village, where the plane crashed, were injured. As per reports, the ill-fated plane was making its final approach to the airport when it crashed. The crash happened just 10 kms from the runway. (ANI)
Meet her Royal Highness, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana May 4, 9:31 pm
London, May 4 (ANI): The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's new baby daughter has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, the Kensington Palace has announced.Full Story »
India to stand shoulder to shoulder with Nepal: Ranjit Rae May 4, 7:42 pm
Kathmandu, May 4 (ANI): Indian Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae on Monday said that New Delhi will provide all assistance to the earthquake-hit Himalayan nation in its rehabilitation process and will stand shoulder to shoulder with it.Full Story »
Nepal: NDRF to make demobilisation plan to send troops back to India May 4, 6:13 pm
Kathmandu, May 4 (ANI): The National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) on Monday confirmed that the Nepal Government has asked the search and rescue teams from 34 countries to withdraw their operations from the earthquake-hit areas of the country, adding that it will make a demobilisation plan for the same.Full Story »
Ex-CIA official says agency failed to see Al Qaeda's rebound post Bin Laden's death May 4, 6:05 pm
Washington, May 04 (ANI): A new book written by the Central Investigative Agency's deputy director has claimed that the United States intelligence agencies "badly misjudged" Al Qaeda's ability to take advantage of the political chaos in the Middle East and regain strength across the region in the aftermath of Osama bin Laden's death.Full Story »
- Indiana woman convicted for self-abortion sparks debate over women's reproductive rights
- Ex-US President Jimmy Carter says Netanyahu 'never believed in two-state solution for Israel, Palestine'
- Kate Middleton's mum ecstatic about new princesses birth
- John Kerry pacifies worried Israel over nuclear deal saying will not let Iran 'move quickly to bomb'
- German prosecutor probing spy agency's 'decade-long secret partnership' with NSA
- Italian coastguard saves thousands of migrants in Mediterranean in one of its largest operations
- Most buildings in Kathmandu unsafe or uninhabitable after quake, says survey
- 'New uncle' Prince Harry says baby Princess is 'beautiful'
- Two suspects killed, cop wounded in shooting outside Texas' Prophet Muhammad depiction contest
- Kate Middleton deemed `too beautiful` by Russians to have given birth
TOP VIDEO STORIES