Pakistan air crash: Manmohan Singh sends condolence message to GilaniApr 21, 11:00 am
New Delhi, Apr 21 (ANI): The Prime Minister, Dr Manmohan Singh, has sent a message to his Pakistani counterpart Yusuf Raza Gilani, condoling the loss of lives in the air tragedy near Islamabad on Friday evening.In his message, Dr. Singh said: "I was deeply grieved to learn of the air tragedy near Islamabad that occurred earlier this evening leading to the loss of so many precious lives."" I convey my deepest condolences to the families of those who have lost their lives in this unfortunate incident. I pray that the Almighty will grant them the strength to bear their loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Pakistan in this time of grief," he added.All the 127 people on board a Pakistani airliner were killed in the plane crash in a residential area near the Chaklala airbase next to the Islamabad international airport. The Bhoja Air jet, flight BHO-213, was going from Karachi to Islamabad. No casualties were however reported from the ground but four villagers in Hussan Abad village, where the plane crashed, were injured. As per reports, the ill-fated plane was making its final approach to the airport when it crashed. The crash happened just 10 kms from the runway. (ANI)
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Prez Ghani Mar 4, 7:51 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Foreign Secretary Jaishankar meets Afghan Chief Executive Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Kabul, Mar. 4 (ANI): Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar on Wednesday met Afghanistan Chief Executive Abdullah Abdullah in Kabul on the final day of his four-day SAARC Yatra.Full Story »
Bangladesh court upholds arrest warrants against opposition leader Khaleda Zia in graft cases Mar 4, 4:54 pm
Dhaka, March 04 (ANI): A court in Dhaka has upheld the arrest warrants against the opposition leader of Bangladesh and chairperson of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) Khaleda Zia in Zia Orphanage Trust and Charitable graft cases.Full Story »
Pakistan must look its own needs, parity with India unattainable: Hussain Haqqani Mar 4, 4:36 pm
London, Mar.4 (ANI): Former Pakistani diplomat Hussain Haqqani has advised his country not to seek parity with India and to look after its own needs and interests to ensure both progress and stability.Full Story »
- Journalists at Mirror Group Newspapers 'hack' phones on 'daily basis'
- US Justice Department concludes Ferguson police 'racially biased' post civil rights probe
- Sydney's radio network might lose broadcasting license over royal prank call
- Father of IS Jihadi John calls son 'a dog, an animal, a terrorist'
- Ex-CIA chief to admit to mishandling 'classified materials' under plea deal
- Iran nuclear talks: Netanyahu warns US against striking 'bad deal' that will make way for nuclear bomb
- Hina Rabbani Khar says India-Pak foreign secretary meeting just 'talks about talks'
- Nepal says human poo on Everest threatens to spread diseases on world's highest peak
- US says Pak's tensions with India directly impacts country's strategy in Afghanistan
- Pak ambassador to US says ban on Haqqani network 'still under consideration'
TOP VIDEO STORIES