Microsoft wins patent battle against Google's Motorola Mobility in GermanyMay 26, 1:13 pm
Berlin, May 26 (ANI): A German court has ruled that Motorola Mobility infringed Microsoft patents by offering the option on its mobile phones that allows sending longer texts by dividing it into two parts.This marks the first patent ruling against Google since it completed its takeover of Motorola.Microsoft can now demand a German sales ban of Motorola products, although it indicated that it would prefer a licence fee, The BBC reports.Meanwhile, Google has said it may appeal against the court's decision. Google's chief executive had previously said that his firm bought Motorola and its patents 'to better protect Android from anti-competitive threats from Microsoft, Apple and other companies'.According to the report, Microsoft and Motorola have repeatedly clashed this month over a series of patent disputes.Motorola won the right to order the recall and destruction of Xbox 360 games consoles and Windows 7 system software in Germany at the start of May.Microsoft won a separate patent victory against Motorola earlier this month when the International Trade Commission (ITC) ruled that the handset maker's Android-based devices infringed an appointment scheduling patent owned by the Microsoft . (ANI)
Indian Private Equity gathers highest pace, striking deals worth $14B in Jan-Sept 2015 Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): VCCEdge, the financial research platform of the VCCircle Network, India's released its quarterly deal report for the September ended quarter 2015. The report focuses on statistical and analytical overview of deals in the private equity, merger & acquisition and public offerings space.Full Story »
Tata Global Beverages announces launch of new corporate website Oct 8, 7:23 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Tata Global Beverages (TGB) has launched its new corporate website www.tataglobalbeverages.comFull Story »
that will provide a refreshing experience to visitors through its user-friendly interface and clean navigation.
Real estate regulation bill likely to be tabled in Parliament's next session: FICCI Oct 8, 6:28 pm
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Speaking at FICCI's Smart Cities Summit, 2015 today, Minister of Urban Development, M. Venkaiah Naidu stated that Real Estate Regulation Bill will be tabled in the next session of Parliament.Full Story »
ASSOCHAM to organize national conference on sustainable roads and highways Oct 8, 6:02 pm
New Delhi, Oct. 8 (ANI): ASSOCHAM will be hosting a national conference on the issues of ROADTECH: Sustainable Roads and Highways at Hotel Le-Meridien on Friday, October 9.Full Story »
- Pesticides in India to reach alarming level by 2019: FICCI
- IMARA reinvents classic fairy tales with A/W 15 Collection
- Man Industries to get orders worth Rs 700 crore; surges 9%
- VoxWeb's 'Speaking Picture' app all set to reinvent photograph, goes live in India
- Jaitley calls for automatic exchange of information to prevent international tax evasion
- Tourism expo promotes Japan's culture and heritage sites
- India's ICIx named finalist in AWS city on 'Cloud Innovation Challenge'
- Kerala to avail Vodafone 4G services by December end
- GlobalSpace technologies launches India's first 3 in 1 tablet 'SOLT'
- Bridgestone India launches fuel-efficient and environment-friendly tyre Ecopia
TOP VIDEO STORIES