Picking perfect names gets tricky for twinsMay 27, 6:42 pm
Melbourne, May 27 (ANI): Most parents apparently find it twice as hard to zero in on the perfect names for their twins.If the latest list of top baby names for twins is anything to go by, it indicates that mums and dads usually go with matching monikers, which start with the same letter. Every one of the top 10 boy and girl combinations followed this trend.For girls the most popular names are Olivia and Sophia, while Daniel and David won out for boys, reported the News.com.au.While traditional names still dominated the list there were a few surprises, with the sixth most common girl combination being Heaven and Nevaeh, which is heaven actually spelt backwards.Lisa Atkinson, mother of five-month-old Matilda and Emily claimed that when it came to deciding on the names for her girls she wanted to buck the trend and not fall into the matching name trap."I didn't want the girls names to rhyme or sound the same. I wanted them to have individual names that just went well together," Atkinson said."I always knew if I had a girl I was going to name her Matilda, because I loved how cheeky it sounded. For us it was just a matter of choosing another name which sounded good with it," she said.The list was produced by the US Social Security Administration for 2011, however there is no similar list kept in Australia. Yet, the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported that William has ranked number one for the third year running as the most popular boy name in 2011. (ANI)
Its smartphones over clothes for teenagers today Aug 29, 4:46 pm
New York, Aug 29 (ANI): Teenagers today are more excited by new high-tech gadget rather than stylish and branded apparels.Full Story »
New dads take 5 months to get the hang of fatherhood Aug 29, 1:38 pm
London, August 29 (ANI): A new study has found that new dads take at least five months to get the hang of fatherhood.Full Story »
Simple thanks can help making new friends Aug 29, 11:45 am
Washington, Aug 29 (ANI): A new study has suggested that thanking a new acquaintance for their assistance can help one to make new friends.Full Story »
Why humans act 'selflessly' revealed Aug 28, 5:10 pm
Washington, Aug 28 (ANI): A new study has found the reason behind human altruism.Full Story »
- Fancy a 'legal' cannabis infused fizzy drink?
- Social media users likelier to shirk from discussing important issues offline
- Care to try 'world's most expensive hot dog' worth $169?
- 'Future of housing' may be skyscrapers containing entire cities
- Bond fans line up for iconic 'Goldeneye' bungee jump at Switzerland's Contra Dam
- Bedtime troubles with children make parents lose 8 days a yr
- Hello Kitty is a 'girl' not a 'cat'
- Marry short men for long-lasting marriage
- Meet the world's fastest 'pooch on two legs'
- 'Hot' Brazilian babes in women only town embark upon a man-hunt!
TOP VIDEO STORIES