FDA delays decision on first drug to prevent HIV infectionJun 9, 4:37 pm
London, June 9 (ANI): US health regulators have delayed until mid-September a decision on whether to approve Truvada as the first pill that prevents HIV infection.Drug maker Gilead Sciences said on Friday that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would take an additional three months to review its drug application, after the California Company submitted additional materials to the agency earlier this month.In May, a panel of experts recommended approval of the daily pill for healthy people at high risk of contracting HIV, the Daily Express reported. The group's vote is non-binding, but the FDA often follows its advice.Gilead said that it had submitted updated details on its safety materials for patients and doctors using Truvada. The FDA typically extends its reviews after receiving such information. (ANI)
Combo therapy may help slow Alzheimer's down Jun 26, 7:08 am
Washington D.C, Jun 26 (ANI): According to a recent study, combination therapy may hold the key to slowing down Alzheimer's disease.Full Story »
Video Games: What goes on outside the screen? Jun 25, 2:01 pm
New Delhi, June 25 (ANI): Video games play an integral part in the lives of many, but this popular entertainment medium has sparked cries of outrage on just how "They're melting your brain, ruining your eyes and you into a violent person." But are these worries justified?Full Story »
Count bites not calories to shed those kilos Jun 24, 1:36 pm
Washington D.C, Jun 24 (ANI): The key to a slimmer waistline might lie in counting bites, not calories, according to a recent study.Full Story »
Run your way to a better `memory` Jun 24, 1:24 pm
Washington D.C, Jun 24 (ANI): If you have trouble remembering where you left your car keys or struggle to recall people's names, you may want to start pounding the treadmill. A new study has suggested that running can help boost your brain power.Full Story »
- Do you know what you're smoking?
- Walnuts can knock years off your age
- Diabetes can make heart attack 50 pc deadlier
- Smoking puts your sperm at risk
- There's a 'fishy' way to add years to your life!
- Finish your broccoli to stay healthy
- Listen to Mozart, Strauss to bring your blood pressure down
- Andaman & Nicobar Lt. Governor urges people to look beyond self, work for larger interest of society and nation
- Help daddy stay fit with these easy tips!
- Health needs of transgender people remain unmet
TOP VIDEO STORIES