Exercise cuts dementia risk in seniorsApr 24, 12:47 pm
London, Apr 24 (ANI): Exercising twice a week help stave off progression to dementia in older people already showing signs of cognitive decline, scientists say.The study found that regular resistance training, such as using a rowing machine or weights, can also improve attention, memory and problem solving, the Daily Express reported.Eighty-six women, aged 70 to 80 with mild cognitive impairment were followed for six months. Brain scans after aerobic and resistance exercise were taken.Teresa Liu-Ambrose, from the University of British Columbia, said brain function had improved. The results are in the Archives of Internal Medicine. (ANI)
Combo therapy may help slow Alzheimer's down Jun 26, 7:08 am
Washington D.C, Jun 26 (ANI): According to a recent study, combination therapy may hold the key to slowing down Alzheimer's disease.Full Story »
Video Games: What goes on outside the screen? Jun 25, 2:01 pm
New Delhi, June 25 (ANI): Video games play an integral part in the lives of many, but this popular entertainment medium has sparked cries of outrage on just how "They're melting your brain, ruining your eyes and you into a violent person." But are these worries justified?Full Story »
Count bites not calories to shed those kilos Jun 24, 1:36 pm
Washington D.C, Jun 24 (ANI): The key to a slimmer waistline might lie in counting bites, not calories, according to a recent study.Full Story »
Run your way to a better `memory` Jun 24, 1:24 pm
Washington D.C, Jun 24 (ANI): If you have trouble remembering where you left your car keys or struggle to recall people's names, you may want to start pounding the treadmill. A new study has suggested that running can help boost your brain power.Full Story »
- Do you know what you're smoking?
- Walnuts can knock years off your age
- Diabetes can make heart attack 50 pc deadlier
- Smoking puts your sperm at risk
- There's a 'fishy' way to add years to your life!
- Finish your broccoli to stay healthy
- Listen to Mozart, Strauss to bring your blood pressure down
- Andaman & Nicobar Lt. Governor urges people to look beyond self, work for larger interest of society and nation
- Help daddy stay fit with these easy tips!
- Health needs of transgender people remain unmet
TOP VIDEO STORIES