Keyword Results for 'globular clusters'
Stars show how to look young when you're not Dec 20, 1:11 pm
London, December 20(ANI): Relics of the early years of the Universe, with ages of typically 12-13 billion years (the Big Bang took place 13.7 billion years ago), there are roughly 150 globular clusters in the Milky Way and they contain many of our galaxy's oldest stars.
Hubble discovers ten billion-year old stellar dance Jul 31, 6:08 pm
Washington, July 31(ANI): The NASA/ESA Hubble Space Telescope has provided a delightful view of the crowded stellar encampment called Messier 68, a spherical, star-filled region of space known as a globular cluster.
VISTA captures image of vast ball of stars encircling our galaxy May 12, 2:13 pm
Washington, May 12 (ANI): About 160 globular clusters have been spotted encircling our galaxy, the Milky Way, mostly toward its bulging centre.
Universe's dark matter could be more mundane than thought Jan 9, 3:19 pm
London, Jan 9 (ANI): Several tiny stars in globular clusters could account for mysterious dark matter, which is believed to constitute over 80 per cent of the universe's matter, a new study has revealed.
- Saudi Arabia gives 20 lashes punishment to man for beating wife
- New technology can print 3D blood vessels in mere seconds
- Jeremy Renner becomes proud father to daughter
- Thank germs in your gut for keeping you healthy
- Hacking collective Anonymous calls for Internet blackout on April 22 to protest CISPA
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- 'Gold-obsessed' Aliens using Earth as 'battlefield'
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Brit women top obesity league in Europe
TOP VIDEO STORIES