Foreign currency traders work inside a trading firm behind the signs of various world currencies
The rupee rose sharply from an earlier record low of 56.40 to trade at 55.95/96. Some traders speculate the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) likely intervened sporadically in the market by selling dollars through state-run banks.
- India can save USD 50 bn if logistics costs are brought down to 9 pct of GDP: Study
- Moving from BS-IV to BS-VI norms beneficial for manufacturers, says Audi India Head
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3bn India IPO
- Tata Steel won 'best in class for manufacturing' at 'Make in India' week
- Realty Fact launches first real estate rating services