Foreign currency traders work inside a trading firm behind the signs of various world currencies
The rupee rose sharply from an earlier record low of 56.40 to trade at 55.95/96. Some traders speculate the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) likely intervened sporadically in the market by selling dollars through state-run banks.
- Amy Winehouse's father compares Peaches Geldof's death with daughter's
- Prosecutors charge actress Daniele Watts for 'lewd conduct'
- 1 D named Britain's richest stars aged under 30
- Actress Neha Dhupia inaugurates audio and braille food menu for visually-challenged people
- Susan Sarandon set to play Marilyn Monroe's mom in new miniseries
- Scientists discover 'chink in HIV's armour'
- Highest altitude human occupation 1 millennia earlier than previously documented
- Scientists shed new light on how hormone works in weight loss
- Now, 'undercover' nail polish to keep you safe by detecting date rape drugs
- How green tea protects your brain during spinal cord injury revealed
- Meet the Massachusetts man who beat one in 9.7 trillion odds to win same lottery twice
- Sex positions that women with 'bad backs' must avoid revealed
- Video of 'dancing priests' goes viral
- Cliff Richard plans to settle in Barbados post child sex abuse case
- 'Support' essential to make relationships 'thrive'
- Highly unexpected Methane clouds sighted in Titan's stratosphere
- Stephen Hawking joins Facebook ahead of 'The Theory Of Everything's release
- Astronomers observe star's fortunate escape from black hole with minor damage
- Private Red Planet mission to carry Uwingu's map to Mars
- Giant sunspot makes third appearance across sun