Nine out of 10 Oz workers 'cheating' on their employers Jul 22, 10:34 am
Melbourne, July 22(ANI): One third of workers in Australia admit to ‘cheating’ on their employers by fantasising about working somewhere else, a new poll has revealed.
25 weirdest questions asked in job interviews May 11, 11:37 am
Washington, May 11 (ANI): To help job-seekers prepare for interviews, career guidance company Glassdoor has compiled a list of 25 strange questions which were asked from prospective candidates in 2012.
Construction workers and mechanics highest daily users of maths May 3, 10:11 am
Melbourne, May 3 (ANI): It turns out that it’s not just accountants and bankers which need to know their numbers, blue-collared workers are among the biggest users of maths in their daily jobs.
London, Feb 19 (ANI): One designer has created a desk that will let tired workers catch up on their sleep at work and snooze in their office in comfort.
Washington, Feb. 8 (ANI): Ever wonder why CEOs at poorly performing companies continue to receive exorbitant pay packages? According to a study from a University of Illinois labor professor, firms that trumpet how much they value shareholders actuall
Musicians much sexier for women than footballers Jan 30, 10:00 am
London, Jan 30 (ANI): It was previously assumed that most women would jump at the opportunity to date David Beckham, but this may not be the case if the latest research is anything to go by.
Google 'nudges' employees towards healthy food choices Jan 26, 12:30 pm
Washington, Jan 26 (ANI) The cafeteria at Google's New York City office was revamped to be loaded with 'nudges' intended to lead people towards healthy food choices, according to a report.
Better relations with boss means more to workers than money Oct 25, 11:10 am
Washington, October 25 (ANI): A better relationship with managers makes employees more happy as compared to pay raise, researchers say.
Kuala Lumpur, July 8 (ANI): When smokers take a few minutes from their work station for a "puff break", they are actually burning a hole in their employers' pockets.
Watching others get bullied at work `gives employees urge to quit` Jun 30, 10:57 am
Washington, June 30 (ANI): Researchers have suggested that merely showing up for work in an environment where bullying goes on is enough to make many workers think about quitting.
Only 1 in 5 workers go on to get childhood dream jobs Jun 22, 12:47 pm
London, June 22 (ANI): Despite high hopes fostered whilst young, only one in five people in Britain actually end up with a dream job, a poll has revealed.
Many employees `can’t identify their CEO's` May 11, 1:07 pm
Washington, May 11 (ANI): CEOs may officially be the public face of their companies, but a new study has revealed that a number of employees cannot pick theirs out in a crowd if they had to.
Sydney, May (ANI): A user of photography-based social network Instagram has now posted a secret 'inspirational' memo given to Apple employees on their first day of work.
US CEOs paid 231 times more than average workers May 3, 12:32 pm
Washington, May 3 (ANI): Last year, the average U.S. chief executive earned more than 11 million dollars in salary, stock options and other compensation, a new analysis by the Economic Policy Institute has revealed.
Flirting men don’t fancy you, they’re just `bored at work` Apr 21, 1:01 pm
London, Apr 21 (ANI): Men who flirt with their female colleagues do so because they are bored of their job and are lacking in sensitivity, a new study has claimed.
Washington, April 7 (ANI): A coffee bar owner in northern England is facing jail after he tried to conduct face-to-face interviews with female job hunters while he was naked.
Apple faces 'Nike moment' over criticism of Foxconn iPad factory's inhuman work onditions Feb 22, 3:15 pm
London, Feb 22 (ANI): Growing criticism of inhumane working conditions in factories owned by Apple's contractor Foxconn forced the tech giant to confront problems with staff welfare and the firm faced pressure similar to that which forced Nike to reassess 'sweatshop' suppliers in the Nineties, an inspector has said.
Green spaces cut stress levels in unemployed people Feb 16, 11:40 am
Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): Stress levels of jobless people are related more to their surroundings than their age, gender, disposable income, and degree of deprivation, a new study has revealed.
India News Slide Shows
- Parents' work schedule influences kids' weight
- Men balance work-life better than women
- Bosses rake in 143 times the salary of their employees
- Work stress raises diabetes risk by nearly 50pc
- 6 in 10 pregnant women face discrimination at work
- Exposure to daylight in office improves health of employees
- York University professor delivers lecture on "The Social Fragmentation of Iraq" at Amity
- Being friends with colleagues makes people happier at work
- 'Unemployment' could kill you, 'recession' might be good for health
- The company that allows its workers just 6 min bathroom breaks!
- UN Human Rights chief says will continue probe into Sri Lanka war crimes despite ban
- Islamic State switches to lesser known social networking sites after Twitter blockade
- Thousands of civilians flee as violence escalates in Eastern Ukraine
- Azadi March: Imran Khan vows to stay put outside Pak Parliament unless Sharif resigns
- U.S. closely monitoring Pak political situation: Reports
- I had no idea he was suffering, says David Letterman on Robin Williams' death
- Petition to rename San Francisco Bridge after Robin Williams backed by 6,000 people
- Sin City 2's controversial scenes made Eva Green want to 'die'
- 'SNL', 'Orange is the New Black' wins big at Creative Arts Emmys
- Madonna throws 56th b'day bash with Kate Moss in Cannes
- Now, 'see-through' solar panels that provides clear view
- Indian zebrafish provides deeper insight into Alzheimer's disease
- Laser optical tweezers provide insights into malaria parasites' RBC invasion
- 'Worm pill' could provide relief from autoimmune disease symptoms
- You may get 'old' but part of your brain will always remain 'young'
- Scientists discover potential signs of life on Mars
- Interstellar dust grains may explain origin of solar system
- Astronomers discover intermediate-sized 'rare' black hole in galaxy Messier 82
- 'City-killer' asteroid heading towards Earth at 'impossible' rate may wipe out planet
- ET fans accuse NASA of 'hiding truth' about spotted UFO