Immoral doings of bosses can shatter employees' future Oct 17, 4:25 pm
Washington, October 17 (ANI): New research has found that moral suspicion from wrongdoings of those higher up in an organization, spilled down to people lower in an organization, even if they did not work directly under the moral transgressor.
Nine out of 10 Oz workers 'cheating' on their employers Jul 22, 10:34 am
Melbourne, July 22(ANI): One third of workers in Australia admit to ‘cheating’ on their employers by fantasising about working somewhere else, a new poll has revealed.
25 weirdest questions asked in job interviews May 11, 11:37 am
Washington, May 11 (ANI): To help job-seekers prepare for interviews, career guidance company Glassdoor has compiled a list of 25 strange questions which were asked from prospective candidates in 2012.
Construction workers and mechanics highest daily users of maths May 3, 10:11 am
Melbourne, May 3 (ANI): It turns out that it’s not just accountants and bankers which need to know their numbers, blue-collared workers are among the biggest users of maths in their daily jobs.
London, Feb 19 (ANI): One designer has created a desk that will let tired workers catch up on their sleep at work and snooze in their office in comfort.
Washington, Feb. 8 (ANI): Ever wonder why CEOs at poorly performing companies continue to receive exorbitant pay packages? According to a study from a University of Illinois labor professor, firms that trumpet how much they value shareholders actuall
Musicians much sexier for women than footballers Jan 30, 10:00 am
London, Jan 30 (ANI): It was previously assumed that most women would jump at the opportunity to date David Beckham, but this may not be the case if the latest research is anything to go by.
Google 'nudges' employees towards healthy food choices Jan 26, 12:30 pm
Washington, Jan 26 (ANI) The cafeteria at Google's New York City office was revamped to be loaded with 'nudges' intended to lead people towards healthy food choices, according to a report.
Better relations with boss means more to workers than money Oct 25, 11:10 am
Washington, October 25 (ANI): A better relationship with managers makes employees more happy as compared to pay raise, researchers say.
Kuala Lumpur, July 8 (ANI): When smokers take a few minutes from their work station for a "puff break", they are actually burning a hole in their employers' pockets.
Watching others get bullied at work `gives employees urge to quit` Jun 30, 10:57 am
Washington, June 30 (ANI): Researchers have suggested that merely showing up for work in an environment where bullying goes on is enough to make many workers think about quitting.
Only 1 in 5 workers go on to get childhood dream jobs Jun 22, 12:47 pm
London, June 22 (ANI): Despite high hopes fostered whilst young, only one in five people in Britain actually end up with a dream job, a poll has revealed.
Many employees `can’t identify their CEO's` May 11, 1:07 pm
Washington, May 11 (ANI): CEOs may officially be the public face of their companies, but a new study has revealed that a number of employees cannot pick theirs out in a crowd if they had to.
Sydney, May (ANI): A user of photography-based social network Instagram has now posted a secret 'inspirational' memo given to Apple employees on their first day of work.
US CEOs paid 231 times more than average workers May 3, 12:32 pm
Washington, May 3 (ANI): Last year, the average U.S. chief executive earned more than 11 million dollars in salary, stock options and other compensation, a new analysis by the Economic Policy Institute has revealed.
Flirting men don’t fancy you, they’re just `bored at work` Apr 21, 1:01 pm
London, Apr 21 (ANI): Men who flirt with their female colleagues do so because they are bored of their job and are lacking in sensitivity, a new study has claimed.
Washington, April 7 (ANI): A coffee bar owner in northern England is facing jail after he tried to conduct face-to-face interviews with female job hunters while he was naked.
Apple faces 'Nike moment' over criticism of Foxconn iPad factory's inhuman work onditions Feb 22, 3:15 pm
London, Feb 22 (ANI): Growing criticism of inhumane working conditions in factories owned by Apple's contractor Foxconn forced the tech giant to confront problems with staff welfare and the firm faced pressure similar to that which forced Nike to reassess 'sweatshop' suppliers in the Nineties, an inspector has said.
Green spaces cut stress levels in unemployed people Feb 16, 11:40 am
Washington, Feb 16 (ANI): Stress levels of jobless people are related more to their surroundings than their age, gender, disposable income, and degree of deprivation, a new study has revealed.
India News Slide Shows
- Discuss your religion to stay happy at job
- Why introverts have more power at work place than extroverts
- Burnout sure shot recipe for depression
- Easy going CEOs do better than their uptight counterparts
- Architects, lawyers among others may have long-lasting memory, thinking skills later in life
- Employees taking personal initiatives can end up looking like troublemakers
- 54pc of employees feel their bosses don't respect them
- New book claims lazy employees benefit organizations more than diligent counterparts
- Female bosses likelier to be more depressed than male counterparts
- People with 'eye for emotions' earn more in jobs
- Centre assures to compensate states for revenue loss in GST
- Uber competitor Easy Taxi aborts India launch plan
- Manipur's potential in horticulture showcased at Orange Festival in Tamenlong District
- Apple, Android top sellers in US mobile market: Report
- Instagram signs first ad deal with Omnicon Group
- Saudi veil debate intensifies as more scholars voice concern
- Rights Activists to drop copies of 'Interview' movie in North Korea
- Wikileaks releases CIA report on high value target assassination programs
- US Navy unveils Laser Weapon System capable of destroying speeding boats, aircraft
- The Straits Times picks PM Modi as Asian of the Year 2014
- Common anti-inflammatory pills may help reduce skin cancer risk
- Eating wild blueberries neutralizes adverse effects of high-fat diet
- 'Sparks fly' when egg meets sperm
- Now, 'undercover' nail polish to keep you safe by detecting date rape drugs
- How green tea protects your brain during spinal cord injury revealed
- Public contest launched to name five craters on Mercury
- NASA satellite reveals first ever detailed map of how CO2 looks from outer space
- Long-standing space mystery of high-latitude auroras' origin revealed
- Private Red Planet mission to carry Uwingu's map to Mars
- Giant sunspot makes third appearance across sun