London, November 27 (ANI): Former England batsman Dennis Amiss hopes that lessons could be learnt from the horrifying head injury suffered by Australian batsman Phillip Hughes, who died after being hit on the head by a bouncer delivery during Sheffield match at the SCG.
Karachi, Nov 27 (ANI): Pakistan Test team opener Ahmed Shehzad has admitted that he had a lucky escape when a short-pitched ball cracked his cheekbone earlier this month and said that he froze when he heard the news of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes' passing on Thursday.
India tour practice match cancelled post Hughes' demise Nov 27, 3:39 pm
Sydney, November 27 (ANI): In view of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes' demise, the authorities have officially cancelled the practice match between India and Cricket Australia XI, which was scheduled to be played on Saturday and Sunday at Adelaide Oval.
New Delhi, Nov. 27 (ANI): Former Indian Premier League (IPL) chairman Lalit Modi on Thursday welcomed the Supreme Court's verdict against the IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings and former Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president N Srinivasan, claiming that only his 'dedicated perseverance' has seen the case reach so far.
Sydney, Nov 27 (ANI): Australian cricket team doctor Peter Brukner has said that domestic side New South Wales bowler Sean Abbot, the young fast bowler who delivered the bouncer that resulted in Phillip Hughes' passing, has gone through an incredibly traumatic experience.
Indian Cricket Team expresses condolences to Hughes' family post 'unfortunate tragedy' Nov 27, 2:47 pm
New Delhi, November 27 (ANI): In the wake of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes' demise, the Indian cricket team has extended condolences to the family of Hughes, calling it an unfortunate tragedy, in a statement.
Sports Minister Sonowal condoles Philip Hughes's death Nov 27, 2:47 pm
New Delhi, Nov. 27 (ANI): Union Sports Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Thursday said that Australian Cricketer Philip Hughes' death from a fatal head injury was very unfortunate.
Cricketers far and wide rocked by Hughes' 'devastating' death Nov 27, 2:34 pm
Sydney, Nov 27 (ANI): The Australian Cricketers Association chief executive Alistair Nicholson has said that cricketers far and wide had been rocked by the devastating event of batsman Phillip Hughes' passing.
IPL spot-fixing: CSK should be disqualified, observes SC Nov 27, 2:03 pm
New Delhi, Nov. 27 (ANI): The Supreme Court on Thursday observed that Indian Premier League (IPL) team Chennai Super Kings (CSK) should be disqualified without any further enquiry.
Tendulkar shocked to hear of Hughes' sad death Nov 27, 2:03 pm
New Delhi, Nov 27 (ANI): Former Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar expressed in Twitter that he was shocked to hear the demise of Australian batsman Phillip Hughes, calling it as a sad day for cricket, and extended his condolence to the family and friends of Hughes.
Sydney, Nov 27 (ANI): Former Australia cricket team captain Ian Chappell has said that deceased batsman Phillip Hughes would have wanted next week's first Test against India to be played.
Karachi, Nov 27 (ANI): Pakistan's National Cricket Academy head coach Mohammad Akram has said that Loughborough University has endorsed banned ace spinner Saeed Ajmal on his off-spinners and faster balls but his 'doosra' delivery remains an issue.
Fast bowlers defend Sean Abott over Hughes' bouncer hit Nov 27, 1:33 pm
Johannesburg, November 27 (ANI): New South Wales pace bowler Sean Abott has received support from the fast bowlers' community, in view of his bouncer delivery that hit Australian batsman Phillip Hughes, who succumbed to head injuries on Thrusday at St Vincent hospital.
Dubai, Nov 27 (ANI): The International Cricket Council (ICC) has offered its deepest condolences to the family and friends of Australia batsman Phillip Hughes who passed away on Thursday following an injury he suffered during a first-class match at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Tuesday.
'Emotional' Clarke reads statement on behalf of 'deceased' Hughes' 'devastated' family Nov 27, 1:17 pm
Sydney, Nov 27 (ANI): An emotional Australian cricket team captain Michael Clarke read a statement at St Vincent's Hospital on behalf of Hughes' family, that said that they were devastated by the loss of their much-loved son and brother Phillip Hughes.
Sydney, November 27 (ANI): England batsman Nick Compton has credited deceased Australian batsman Phillip Hughes for changing his thinking about the game.
Sydney, Nov 27 (ANI): Australian cricket team doctor Peter Brukner has said that deceased batsman Phillip Hughes suffered a massive bleed into his brain on Tuesday afternoon.
Philip Hughes will be remembered forever, says Cricket Australia CEO Nov 27, 12:40 pm
Sydney/ New Delhi, Nov. 27 (ANI): Cricket Australia's chief executive James Sutherland on Friday said that cricketer Phil Hughes, who passed away today following a head injury that he received on Tuesday, was a rising star who will be remembered fore
New Delhi, Nov 27 (ANI): Cricketers and fans together took to Twitter to show their support and empathy for Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes passed away on Thursday.
Sydney, Nov 27 (ANI): The first Test between India and Australia that is scheduled to get under way in Brisbane next week currently hangs in the balance after Australian batsman Phillip Hughes passed away on Thursday.
India News Slide Shows
- 'Original helmet pioneer' Amiss says lessons to be learnt from Hughes' injury
- Shehzad recalls 'lucky escape' from bouncer post hearing about Hughes' death
- India tour practice match cancelled post Hughes' demise
- My perseverance has seen BCCI case reaching so far, says Lalit Modi
- Hughes' 'bouncer bowler' Abbott going through 'incredibly traumatic' experience
- Indian Cricket Team expresses condolences to Hughes' family post 'unfortunate tragedy'
- Sports Minister Sonowal condoles Philip Hughes's death
- Cricketers far and wide rocked by Hughes' 'devastating' death
- It's official: Man U are the 'noisiest neighbours' in PL
- IPL spot-fixing: CSK should be disqualified, observes SC
- Haitian quake survivors used as 'slaves' in building of World Cup stadium in Brazil
- Boyle reveals Queen volunteered to appear in Bond Olympics sketch
- Tendulkar relishing opportunity to be paired up with Lara at Lord's bicentenary match
- Arthur has 'no regrets' over 'disciplinary breach' suspension of Oz quartet from Mohali Test
- Amir Khan to 'pop question' to his student girlfriend in 2012
- Betting on Tendulkar's 100th international century crosses Rs.2 billion mark
- Smartphone app allows watching football matches minutes after game commencement
- Oz head cricket coach Arthur confident of win over Kiwis, without star players
- Haitian quake survivors used as 'slaves' in building of World Cup stadium in Brazil
- Natasha Giggs suffers nip-slip during flirtatious cuddle with Kirk Norcross
- Apple now worth 700 billion dollars after stocks hit all-time high
- Emirates introduces special fares from India
- Blackberry to offer 550 dollars to people who switch from iPhone to Passport model in U.S., Canada
- Apple, Android top sellers in US mobile market: Report
- Instagram signs first ad deal with Omnicon Group
- Modi and Sharif shake hands, hold 'unofficial' talk
- No trace of MH370 debris despite search teams scouring 7,000 sq km seafloor
- Murdered bride Anni Dewani's family wants accused husband to tell truth
- Thailand democratic elections could be deferred until 2016: Finance Minister
- SC to examine limits of free speech on social media in 'Facebook threat' case
- Mel Brooks set to lend voice to Adam Sandler's vampire dad in 'Hotel Transylvania 2'
- Is 1D heading for a split?
- Jennifer Aniston reveals Justin Theroux's late night pranks
- Anjelica Huston wanted 'perfect romance, lovely husband'
- Brenton Thwaites to star as key 'Pirates 5' in new 'Pirates of the Caribbean'
- 54pc of employees feel their bosses don't respect them
- New book claims lazy employees benefit organizations more than diligent counterparts
- Female bosses likelier to be more depressed than male counterparts
- Working in groups 'makes people stupider'
- 'App Economy' credited with contributing nearly half a million jobs to US
- Now, switch your pain off by turning on a receptor
- Thank prehistoric conflict for collaboration, intelligence in humans
- Older people learn more than required
- Now, 'undercover' nail polish to keep you safe by detecting date rape drugs
- How green tea protects your brain during spinal cord injury revealed
- First time in India, Kerala hospital performs rare treatment for acute blood cancer
- Drinking 3-5 cups of coffee may reduce Alzheimer's risk by 20pc
- Thanksgiving day turkeys can also be 'lifesavers'
- Now, a method to drain cancer's 'fuel tank' and restrain it from coming back
- Testosterone therapy does not boost prostate cancer's risk
- Man sets world record by playing video game on Mount Everest
- Now, make farts smell like chocolate with these pills!
- Victoria's Secret unveils new bra with 'heart rate monitor'
- World's 'oldest couple' with combined age of 211 celebrates joint birthdays
- Soon, 'Vagina facial' for ladies who want to be pretty 'down there'