In times of tough economy, parents pick daughters over sons Jun 30, 3:44 pm
Washington DC, 30 June (ANI): When the times are hard economically, parents choose to their daughters over sons in financial matters, claims a new study.
Washington, Jun 26 (ANI): A new study has suggested that as siblings learn how to resolve conflict, parents pick up a few tips of their own.
Working mums raise successful daughters, caring sons Jun 26, 9:20 am
London, June 26 (ANI): A new study has revealed that leaving kids to go to work may have significant benefits on them later in life.
Don't leave kids unattended with dogs Jun 24, 1:23 pm
London, June 24 (ANI): Though your kid may be best buds with your dog, parents have been warned not to leave their children alone with their pets, after an attack on a newborn surfaced.
'Brainy' kids lie better Jun 20, 11:23 am
Washington, June 20 (ANI): "Smart" kids are really good at covering up lies, a new study has claimed.
Mums want dads to be more like David Beckham, Simon Cowell Jun 15, 2:12 pm
London, June 15 (ANI): A new survey has revealed that mums want dads to be more metrosexual like David Beckham and Simon Cowell.
Kids as young as 18 months understand stoicism Jun 11, 3:32 pm
Washington, Jun 11 (ANI): Parents, next time you lose your keys, there's no need to throw a temper tantrum as a new study has suggested that your toddler will still trust you, even if you choose to grin and bear it.
New Delhi, June 2 (ANI): With cases of cyber bullying on the rise, experts believe that empathising and having an open conversation is the ideal way to deal with children who have undergone the traumatic experience, which often causes them to become withdrawn, secretive, aggressive, depressed or even prone to self-harm.
Washington, Jun 2 (ANI): A new study has suggested that extra love and support doesn't make up for being a helicopter parent.
Straight talking can help parents wean teens away from e-cigs May 25, 2:06 pm
Washington, May 25 (ANI): A new study has revealed that parents can play a vital role in stopping the rise of teenagers using e-cigarettes.
'Breastfeeding' helps shield babies from pollution May 24, 2:30 pm
Washington, May 24 (ANI): A new study has suggested that breastfeeding may lessen the negative impact of some environmental pollutants common to high-traffic areas.
Washington, May 19 (ANI): A new study has suggested that many parents don't realize that their school-aged children's beyond the norm temper tantrums, mood swings or homework trouble are medical issues.
Young infants listen better to other babies than to parents May 13, 2:58 pm
Washington, May 13 (ANI): A new study has discovered that 6-month-old infants appear to be much more interested in listening to other babies than they are in listening to adults.
'Mummy makeover' craze sees more women opting for nip and tucks Apr 30, 11:50 am
Melbourne, Apr 30 (ANI): "Mummy makeover" is a new kind of plastic surgery that women are opting to get their perfect post-baby figure.
Just one hour of daily TV could turn your kids into couch potatoes Apr 27, 10:37 am
Washington, April 27 (ANI): Even an hour of TV could turn your tiny tots into couch potatoes, claims a new study.
Washington, Apr 26 (ANI): In the age of mobile devices, a new milestone within infancy and toddlerhood known as "Baby's First Tablet Tap" is looming large.
This dad's tissue trick gets your baby to sleep in 40 seconds! Apr 11, 1:00 pm
London, Apr 11 (ANI): Forget the lullabies and hours of rock-the-cradle as an Aussie father shared his amazing tip for getting your baby to sleep in less than a minute using a tissue.
Bullied girls benefit more from mother's affection than boys Apr 6, 1:30 pm
Washington, Apr 6 (ANI): A new research found that girls who get bullied by their friends can be prevented from negative behavioral outcomes with the help of their mothers' affection, as compared to boys.
Washington, March 31 (ANI): Kids who sip drinks now and then, tend to start drinking earlier than those who don't.
Parents fail to recognize if child is overweight Mar 30, 5:17 pm
Washington, Mar 30 (ANI): A new research has found that parents usually misunderstand their healthy child is an obese child or not and ignore the official parameters.
India News Slide Shows
- Here's how you can look thinner by these slimming style hacks
- Blue-eyed people likelier to be alcoholic
- Dogs behave 'negatively' to people who are mean to their master
- Nobel laureates call for action on climate change
- Indian designer gives sarees whole new avatars
- World`s largest Hello Kitty theme park officially comes to life in China
- Beware! Is your partner 'ghosting' with you?
- NASSCOM award for Matrimony.com's 'MIMA'
- Shh! Fur is trending again, but 'silently'
- Indian boy hailed as `monkey god` has his tail removed, loses status
- Jaitley to attend inaugural meeting of BRICS Bank meeting in Russia
- Wadhwani Foundations Skills Development Network Trust, DEPwD sign MoU for training and employment of 25, 00,000 PwDs.
- BSE closes 115.97 points up, Nifty up 37.25
- Government very receptive to investors' issues, says Jaitley in US
- RBI to conduct overnight variable rate reverse repo auction under LAF today
- 'Relationships driven not by needs but by values, emotions': PM Modi
- India, Uzbekistan to enhance corporation between foreign ministries, culture and tourism: MEA
- Proxy wars in South Asia should end, says US envoy
- 'Defiant' Taiwan squares up to China with WWII military parade
- Hillary Clinton accuses China of stealing US secrets
- Did Lily Allen collapse at Glastonbury?
- 1st black principal ballerina, Misty Copeland, to make Broadway debut
- Lionel Richie tops UK album chart post triumphant at Glastonbury
- Arnie startles fans by posing as Terminator waxwork at Madame Tussauds
- Ex 'Star Wars' star Jake Lloyd busted for high-speed chase
- Viaducts with wind turbines claimed as new source of energy generation
- Bees' DNA 'soup' may shed light into species' decline
- Sweating too much? Try these tricks to get it under control
- Now, 'undercover' nail polish to keep you safe by detecting date rape drugs
- How green tea protects your brain during spinal cord injury revealed
- These 5 tricks may help you to treat sunburn
- Indian scientist claims ancient herbal therapy may protect heart from hypertrophy
- Is mass vaccination of dogs a new way to eradicate rabies?
- `Bad luck` plays far greater role in cancer than genes and environment
- 'Christmas veggie' Brussels sprout can help fight cancer